This is a 2-hour caregiver and parent training with a Registered Play Therapist. We will utilize current neuroscience that supports a safe parent/child relationship. This course does provide immediate practical support, but is best suited for assessing and healing your parent/child bond for a lifetime to come.
This course is a good fit for:
- Parents of children who have experienced trauma
- Parents who have a difficult bond with their child
- Foster parents and legal guardians
- Caregivers interested in practical support for managing tantrums
- Caregivers interested in the research behind latest parenting recommendations
Learning objectives include:
- Identify a sampling of research which encourages parent/child attuned attachment for play therapy treatment
- Utilize 4 assessments for parent/child relationship
- Discuss relevant neuroscience regarding brain development, nervous system, and trauma impact
- Identify and utilize at least 5 practical tools to successfully include parents in the trauma-informed, regulation process
- Access and utilize many free, relevant handouts for your own use
*Disclaimer: This content is intended to increase awareness and support for families, NOT professional use. This is not a substitute for licensed professional help in your area. No APT credits will be awarded for this course.