This 2-hour, professional APT Approved training utilizes current neuroscience on child brain/nervous system development to support a healing child/guardian bond. Learning objectives include:
- Identify a sampling of research which encourages parent/child attuned attachment for play therapy treatment
- Utilize 3 assessments for co-regulation and attachment dysfunction
- Discuss relevant neuroscience regarding brain development, nervous system, and trauma impact
- Identify and utilize at least 5 practical tools to successfully include parents in the trauma-informed regulation process
- Access and utilize many free, relevant handouts to use in your own practice!
This course is a good fit for:
- Play therapists who work with children who have experienced trauma
- Play therapists who desire to incorporate parents in treatment
- Professional therapists/counselors interested in expanding knowledge regarding play therapy
- Professional therapists/counselors needing practical support to assess and heal attachment wounds
- Professional therapists/counselors interested in the research behind latest parenting recommendations
*Disclaimer: This content is intended as a professional training resource, NOT for personal household use. If you are a parent or caregiver, please see course list for a training tailored for you!
Start Here: Shop Policies
Printable Course Materials00:00